South African Man Who Murdered His Girlfriend, Cut Up Her Body And Threw It Into Different Pit Toilets Sentenced To Life Imprisonment
A 35-year-old man, Bantubenkosi Siqotyana, has been sentenced to life imprisonment for the brutal m8rder of his girlfriend in South Africa.
The Eastern Cape High Court sitting in Mthatha, sentenced Siqotyana on Wednesday, August 28, 2024.
He was found guilty of k!lling his girlfriend, Nombeko Thobigunya in December 2023.
The court heard that Siqotyana cut his girlfriend’s body into pieces and threw the parts into multiple pit toilets to conceal the crime of murder.
Explaining the case, National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Luxolo Tyali said Thobigunya was reported missing by her family on December 13, 2023.
“She had last been seen in the company of Siqotyana 12 days earlier. A human hand was discovered being eaten by a dog in the village of Thembeni in Zandukwana area of the District of Libode,” Thobigunya said.
“The deceased’s friend identified the hand with nail polish she had applied with her before her disappearance, and that led community members to the boyfriend, Siqotyana.”
Tyali said the accused was severely assaulted by the community, before he led them to the different locations where he had dumped the pieces.
“Police were summoned and the accused made admissions and pointed out the remains at multiple pit toilets in the location.”
The NPA said at the start of the trial, Siqotyana pleaded not guilty to murder and defeating the ends of justice.
“But (he) pleaded guilty to the charge of violating a corpse. He claimed that the deceased had died due to food poisoning, but he decided to cut the dead body into pieces because he feared the community would believe that he had killed her,” said Tyali.
Advocate Siphokazi Maarman did not accept his plea and proceeded to call witnesses, including an eyewitness who had seen Siqotyana assaulting the deceased earlier on that day, and the doctor who identified stab wounds on the neck part of the deceased’s parts, which disproved the accused’s version of food poisoning.
You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…
Most from this category

Leave a Comment