0 Shares 8 Views

Oyo Demolishes Illegal Structures, Clears Trucks On Ibadan-Lagos Expressway

gisthub Apr 03, 2025
0 9

The Oyo State Government has begun clearing illegal structures, shanties, and parked trucks along the Ibadan-Lagos Expressway toll gate and under high-tension power lines.

Governor Seyi Makinde’s security aide, CP Sunday Odukoya (retd.), said the crackdown aims to prevent accidents and safety hazards, warning that enforcement will continue due to ignored previous notices.

“This enforcement is crucial to prevent loss of lives and the dangers posed by indiscriminate trailer parking on the highway,”

Odukoya said, adding that the exercise would continue as previous warnings had been ignored. Oyo State’s crackdown on illegal structures and truck parking along the Ibadan-Lagos Expressway is a multi-agency effort to tackle environmental and security risks.

OYRTMA Chairman, Major Adekoya Adesagba (retd.), emphasized its necessity at the state’s gateway. Diesel Sellers Association representative, Abass Ademola, urged the government to provide alternatives to prevent unemployment and insecurity.

The joint task force includes OYRTMA, FRSC, environmental officers, Operation Burst, Amotekun, and NSCDC.

You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
Sport
0 shares9 views

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
Sport
0 shares9 views

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
Sport
0 shares11 views

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category