0 Shares 10 Views

Notorious Bandit Kingpin Turji Kills 12 Farmers In Sokoto For ‘Fun’ After Hosting Sallah Celebration

gisthub Apr 03, 2025
0 11

Notorious bandit kingpin Kachalla Bello Turji has reportedly killed 11 farmers in Lugu town, Isa Local Government Area of Sokoto State. The attack occurred in the early hours of Tuesday, April 1, 2025, following an elaborate Eid celebration that Turji hosted in Magira, also within Isa LGA.

The victims, who were farmers, were ambushed and killed during the attack, which has once again raised concerns about the ongoing violence in the region attributed to Turji and his criminal group. Local authorities and community leaders have condemned the attack, calling for increased security measures to protect the people of Sokoto State from such violent banditry.

“Bandit leader Bello Turji hosted an Eid celebration in Magira, Isa LGA, with bandits from Zamfara State. After the feast, he moved to Fadamar Lugu in Isa LGA, Sokotos State, k!lling 12 people and injuring one person just for fun,” Bakatsine wrote.

A resident of Isa, Basharu Altine Giyawa, informed Daily Trust that locals had been tipped off about Kachalla Bello Turji’s planned visit to the eastern part of Gatawa in Sabon Birni Local Government Area since Saturday. The intelligence gathered by the community led to heightened tension in the area, with locals anticipating potential violence.

However, despite the warning, Turji and his bandit group still managed to carry out the brutal attack on the farmers in Lugu town. The locals expressed their frustration over the inability of security forces to act on the intelligence or prevent the attack from taking place. Community leaders and residents continue to demand stronger measures from both the government and security agencies to prevent further violence and protect innocent lives in the region.

“Yesterday, Turji and his men left his village, Fakai, in Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara State, passed through some of our communities in Isa, held their Sallah celebration, and then k!lled 12 farmers on their way back to Fakai,” he said.

“Yes, we were informed about Turji’s planned visit to the eastern part of Gatawa, and we acted swiftly. We went to Sabon Birni and took security measures to prevent it. That could be why he took out his anger on innocent farmers in Isa,” he said.

Notorious Bandit Kingpin Turji Kills 12 Farmers In Sokoto For 'Fun' After Hosting Sallah CelebrationNotorious Bandit Kingpin Turji Kills 12 Farmers In Sokoto For 'Fun' After Hosting Sallah Celebration

Despite efforts by the Nigerian military to capture Kachalla Bello Turji, the notorious bandit kingpin continues his attacks on communities in the northwest. In February 2025, Army Chief Lieutenant General Olufemi Oluyede vowed that Turji would eventually be caught, emphasizing that the military was closely tracking his movements. However, Turji’s group remains active, with recent attacks, including the killing of farmers in Sokoto. The military’s pursuit continues, but the security situation in the region remains challenging.

Notorious Bandit Kingpin Turji Kills 12 Farmers In Sokoto For 'Fun' After Hosting Sallah Celebration

You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
Sport
0 shares9 views

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
Sport
0 shares9 views

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
Sport
0 shares11 views

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category