0 Shares 30 Views

Mother and Two Children Killed in Ondo Fire Tragedy

gisthub Feb 17, 2025
0 31

A devastating fire outbreak in Ondo West Local Government Area of Ondo State has tragically claimed the lives of a woman and her two children.

The incident occurred on Sunday night, February 16, 2025, at Rainbow Street, off Onipakala Junction, while residents were asleep.

The woman, a petty trader, and her two children, identified simply as Bukola and Ifeoluwa, were reportedly burned beyond recognition in the blaze.

A neighbor, who spoke on condition of anonymity, mentioned that the fire was noticed around midnight while the deceased and her children were fast asleep.

“Sadly, we could not rescue them. The fire had to last hours and destroyed the building where they were trapped,” the source told Daily Trust.

The chairman of the landlord association on the street, Mr. Adegbulu, stated that firefighters in the town did not respond to the emergency, reportedly due to a lack of water and necessary chemicals.

“When the fire was raging, we called the fire service, only to be informed that there was no water and chemicals. In fact, immediately, the officer switched off his cell phone,” he said.

Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, the police spokesperson for the state, confirmed the incident, adding that the bodies of the deceased had been taken to the morgue at the State General Hospital in Ondo.

You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
Sport
0 shares5 views

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
Sport
0 shares7 views

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
Sport
0 shares7 views

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category