0 Shares 76 Views

33-Year-Old Man Handed Two Life Sentences For Kidnap, Rape and Murder of 7-Year-Old Girl

gisthub Nov 04, 2024
0 77

A 33-year-old man, Lindokuhle Christopher Mhlongo, has been sentenced to two life terms plus an additional five years in prison for the kidnapping, rape, and murder of seven-year-old Zanokuhle Khumalo in South Africa.

The Mtubatuba High Court sentenced Mhlongo on Friday after he pleaded guilty under a Section 112 Plea for crimes committed on July 29, 2024, in the Empangeni area of KwaZulu-Natal.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) stated over the weekend that Mhlongo confessed to his landlady, who then called the police.

“In his plea, Mhlongo said that on the day of the incident, he was sitting on the veranda of his rental home when he saw the child playing outside. He told her to go into his room and take an R1 coin for herself from the table,” the statement read.
“The child went into the room, and he followed her, shutting the door behind them. He grabbed her and put her on the bed where he undressed her lower body and proceeded to r3pe her. He said seeing her powerless and in pain made him realise that what he was doing was wrong
“Mhlongo said that he considered letting her go but then thought that she would report him. He said that he then decided to murder her. He put his hand over her mouth and nose until she stopped breathing and moving.
“Thereafter, he put her body into a bag and placed that bag into a blanket storage bag. He placed the blanket storage bag under his bed and left the house. Mhlongo said that the next morning, his conscience got the better of him, and he telephoned his landlady and told her what he had done to the deceased. He also told her where they could find the child’s body because her family members and the members of the community had been searching for her.
“In aggravation of the sentence, Advocate Sikhosiphi Sokhela handed in a Victim Impact Statement, compiled by the child’s mother and facilitated by Court Preparation Officer Sithembile Cebekhulu.
“Therein, the woman said that she is still in disbelief that her child is dead, and she doubts that she will ever get closure on what happened. She said that she feels like she is in a horrible nightmare and misses her child a lot.
“Mhlongo was sentenced to a term of life imprisonment, each for the r3pe and m8rder charges and five years imprisonment for kidnapping.
“The sentences will run concurrently resulting in the effective sentence of life imprisonment.
“The NPA commends the work done by the Prosecution and Police. It is incumbent on us to fight for justice on behalf of the victims of crime.”

You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
Sport
0 shares5 views

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
Sport
0 shares7 views

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
Sport
0 shares7 views

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category