Man Sentenced to 31 Years to Life for Involvement in Robbery and Killing of Rapper PnB Rock, Using His 17-Year-Old Son
A man convicted in the murder and robbery of American rapper PnB Rock at a well-known Los Angeles restaurant has been sentenced to 31 years to life in prison.
Freddie Lee Trone, 42, was found guilty last month by a jury on one count of murder, two counts of robbery, and one count of conspiracy to commit robbery.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Connie Quinones delivered the sentence on Monday at the Compton Courthouse.
Prosecutors stated that Trone directed his son, who was 17 at the time, to rob the rapper while he was dining with the mother of his 4-year-old daughter at Roscoe’s Chicken ’N Waffles, a popular eatery in South Los Angeles, on September 12, 2022.
Los Angeles police reported that an armed robber approached PnB Rock, whose real name was Rakim Hasheem Allen, argued with him, robbed him of jewelry, and then opened fire, resulting in his death.
The teenager involved was charged with murder and is currently being held in a juvenile facility after a judge determined he is not competent to stand trial.
Trone’s defense attorney, Winston McKesson, stated he intends to appeal the conviction once sentencing is finalized. He argued that there is no evidence—whether physical items or communications—linking the father to the crime.
“There’s no evidence he supplied the gun, planted the gun or knew his son had a gun,” he said by phone.
On the day of the murder, PnB Rock shared a photo on his dining companion’s Instagram account, which indicated his presence at Roscoe’s and may have inadvertently disclosed his location to the public, according to then-Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore the day after the crime.
The post was deleted before NBC News could verify it.
Moore stated that an “extensive amount” of jewelry was taken from PnB Rock during the deadly robbery.
Another defendant, Tremont Jones, 46, received a 12-year prison sentence after being found guilty of two counts of robbery and one count of conspiracy related to the case.
Shauntel Trone, the wife of Freddie Lee Trone, owned a vehicle that police and prosecutors alleged was linked to the crime.
She pleaded no contest to being an accessory after the fact, with her sentencing scheduled for January 16.
On Monday, Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón issued a statement affirming that justice will be served for PnB Rock’s loved ones.
“His life was cut short by an act of violence that no family should have to endure,” Gascón said.
You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…
Most from this category

Leave a Comment