Gunmen Abduct Four Passengers in Ondo Bus Attack
Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have robbed and abducted four passengers travelling in an 18-seater bus from Ekiti State to Ikare Akoko in Ondo State.
The abduction took place on Saturday evening, May 25, between Irun Akoko and Imesi Ekiti.
A farmer, Mrs Moriamo Aliu, said they halted their travel plans to Ikare-Akoko when they heard that kidnappers had taken over the Ado- Ikare highway.
Ondo Amotekun Commander, Akoko Adetunji Adeleye, said his operatives and soldiers from Ekiti State were combing the forest.
“The hoodlums did not kidnap the 18 passengers in the bus. Some of the passengers escaped by themselves, while our men with soldiers recovered some of the victims in the night. Our men have combed the forest as we speak,” Akoko Adetunji Adeleye said.
Ondo Police spokesman, Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, said policemen had been deployed to the area.
“Four people came to the station and reported that while on their way from Ado Ekiti to Ikare at Oyinmo camp, Irun-Ado Ekiti road, they were attacked by unknown gunmen but they escaped through the bush. Police search team have been deployed to the area,” he added
You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…
Most from this category

Leave a Comment