0 Shares 18 Views

Former Police Officer Allegedly Kills Two Family Members Over Land Dispute in Lagos

gisthub Apr 02, 2025
0 19

The Yovoyan community in Badagry, Lagos, was plunged into mourning on Tuesday morning after an ex-police officer allegedly shot and killed two family members and another person over a land dispute.

It was reported that Mr. Richard Atideka, Mrs. Latevi Atideka, both from Yovoyan, and Mr. Muji Onilude from the neighboring Gberefu community, were killed by the ex-police officer and his accomplice.

A survivor of the attack, Mr. David Atideka, shared his traumatic experience, explaining that the incident took place between 2:00 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. in the Atideka family compound.

“I was inside my room discussing with my wife when I stepped out to urinate. As I did, I saw two armed men entering the compound. I quickly hid nearby.

“They entered my room, asked for me, and immediately shot my wife in the head. Out of fear, I ran to inform my elder brother, but when I arrived, I found his lifeless body—he had been shot too,” David narrated.

He further alleged that he saw his elder brother, the suspect and ex-police officer, along with another armed individual, leaving the compound after killing his wife and brother.

“The person I saw was my brother, the police officer. I recognized him clearly,” he said.

The suspected killer had been involved in a long-standing dispute with his brothers over land ownership.

A reliable source revealed that the suspect had been trying to seize land from David and Richard Atideka.

“They had taken the matter to court, where the suspect was arrested and detained but later released on bail. They were due for a final court judgment this Thursday,” the source revealed.

Meanwhile, Mr. Yusuf Onilude, the son of the slain Muji Onilude, said his father had just left his room moments before he was murdered.

“My father came to my room at about 2:10 a.m. We spoke for a few minutes before he left.

“Less than five minutes later, I heard gunshots outside. I rushed out and saw a man running away. I chased him, but he fired shots in the air and escaped.

“When I returned, I found my father in a pool of blood. He had been shot dead,” he said.

Reacting to the incident, community representative Mr. James Yovoyan urged the police to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Chief Lorence Atideka, the family head, expressed deep sorrow over the tragedy and called on the government to arrest and prosecute everyone involved.

However, Henry Atideka, the son of the alleged killer, denied the accusations, claiming that unknown gunmen were responsible for the attack.

“My father was not around when the incident happened, and he has been invited by the police.

“Although the family had some disagreements, it was not about land but a conspiracy, which we planned to resolve this Thursday,” he said.

You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
Sport
0 shares9 views

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
Sport
0 shares9 views

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
Sport
0 shares11 views

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea

gisthub - Apr 03, 2025

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category