Mob Burns Vehicle After Pedestrian’s Death in Ogun Accident
An angry mob set a vehicle ablaze following a fatal accident involving the vehicle and a motorcycle on Akarigbo Road, Sabo, Sagamu, Ogun State, on Sunday, August 18.
The state Police Command Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, said the incident occurred around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday when the driver of a Toyota vehicle with the number plate LND125VD lost control and collided with a Bajaj motorcycle, number plate FFF450VH, ridden by Friday Oni.
The force of the collision threw the commercial motorcyclist and a pedestrian into an open drainage.
The vehicle’s driver fled the scene afterwards.
The motorcyclist and the pedestrian sustained varying degrees of injury.
The unidentified pedestrian was later pronounced dead by a doctor at the hospital he was taken to.
Odutola said: “The driver of the vehicle was reportedly heading towards Kara, Sabo, Sagamu when he collided with the motorcycle rider, who simultaneously struck a pedestrian walking along the road before falling into a gutter.
“The pedestrian and the motorcycle rider, whose names are yet to be identified, were immediately rushed to Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital for medical attention. Unfortunately, the pedestrian gave up the ghost at the hospital.
“The driver of the vehicle fled from the scene of the accident, but his truck was set ablaze by the irate youths, before the arrival of the policeman and other agencies who visited the scene of the accident.”
She added that the pedestrian’s body had been removed and taken to the OOUTH morgue, while the remains of the vehicle and the damaged motorcycle were recovered and transported to Sagamu for safekeeping and inspection.
You may be interested

Olmo And Victor Given Green Light To Finish Season With Barcelona
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Spain’s sports council announced on Thursday that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be allowed to play for Barcelona until the end of…

EPL: Arsenal’s Gabriel’s Season Ended Due To Hamstring Injury
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025Arsenal have been dealt a significant blow ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid, with Gabriel ruled out for the rest…

UEFA President Criticizes FIFA’s 64-Team World Cup As ‘Bad Idea
gisthub - Apr 03, 2025UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated on Thursday that expanding the World Cup to 64 teams for the 2030 tournament would be “a bad…
Most from this category

Leave a Comment